From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] O2 IP32 | mips-sources fails to find ldscripts
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 04:18:15
1 Michael Bevilacqua wrote:
2 > During kernel compile ld(1) is unable to find
3 > /usr/lib/binutils/mips-unknown-linux-gnu/2.16.1/ldscripts
4 >
5 > I was able to compile my current kernel without problems prior to
6 > changing to gcc 4.1.1 and rebuilding world with the -e flag, so I have a
7 > bad feeling something was altered to make this error occur.
8 >
9 > To get through the compile I created a link within /usr/src/linux like so:
10 >
11 > ln -s /usr/lib/binutils/mips-unknown-linux-gnu/2.16.1/ldscripts .
12 >
13 > However, even with the working .config that is running on my machine or
14 > the default ip32 config, I can't get this newly compiled kernel to work.
15 > It just hangs or does even load.
18 > Here is the original error:
19 [snip]
20
21 Haven't seen this one before, but I'm taking a stab and wondering if the
22 -multitarget keyword is to blame.
23
24 I've never tried disabling it, but it looks like your building natively on the
25 O2, so your userland/system binutils will be 32bit (mips-unknown-linux-gnu), but
26 if you somehow disabled binutils from building a mips64 target (which I think it
27 does during normal installs, cause they take up hardly no space), then I could
28 see why the aboved referenced elf64* file is missing.
29
30 Try building w/ multitarget enabled, and see if that changes things.
33 --Kumba
36 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
37
38 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
39 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
40 --
41 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list