From: "Stephen P. Becker" <spbecker@××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Indigo2 IP22 [Was LiveCD RC6]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:15:48
1 > Regarding the glaurung site, yes, there is an ALSA patch for a
2 > mips-sgi-O2-AD1834 driver against kernel 2.6.1. The driver is
3 > incomplete, but has the core functionality there. It will be a week
4 > or so, before I can start, but I will see what it takes to start
5 > pulling this patch forward.
6
7 Yes yes...we're very well aware of that patch, and have been for years
8 now. You probably do not want to start with that one. There is a much
9 newer version floating around somewhere in the linux-mips mailing list
10 archives from some fellow that updated it to 2.6.13 or so. That would
11 probably be a better starting point, although I think it is still a
12 heaping pile of shit. People that really know what they are doing have
13 indicated that it would likely be best to start from scratch, but
14 whatever, knock yourself out.
15
16 -Steve
17 --