From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Indigo2 IP22 [Was LiveCD RC6]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:24:39
J. Scott Kasten wrote:
> > Thanks! I did do some research on the linux-mips list also. I did find > an alsa mips driver that dates to 2.6.6, but it was for a mips eval > board, not for the O2. I'll keep looking. Even if we end up with > somehting new from scratch, it would be helpful to see what was done for > the O2 before. > > -S-
FYI, the Octane uses an ALSA mips driver, so if you're looking for any tips on making a (new|old) driver for the AD1843 chip ALSA compatible, that might be of use. Granted, the only thing in comparison the sound chips on both systems have in common is that they have an SGI label stamped on them. Everything else is guesswork :) --Kumba -- Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list