From: Olivier Bornet <Olivier.Bornet@××××.ch>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] installing gentoo on a SGI Octane 2 (IP30)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:48:11
1 Hi,
2
3 > The Gentoo mips-sources package contains all the patches needed for
4 > ip30. We also have install media for these machines, although the
5 > current netboot images have a bug with ethernet I believe, and I'm not
6 > sure they have support for the vpro graphics in octane2. I'm pretty
7 > sure a new set of netboot installs and a new livecd should be available
8 > pretty soon that should address all of these issues.
9
10 I'm really interested by the netboot installs. I'm also ready to test it
11 and report success or failure if there is a place where I can get it.
12
13 For the livecd, at this time I don't have a working CD drive on the
14 octane2... But maybe soon if I can plug my old Sun CDROM, and if it will
15 be working...
16
17 Thanks for your answer.
18