From: Mike Martin <mikemartin@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Question - Kumba LiveCD RC6
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:07:19
Sorry for the delay. Here's what I've tried/found.

I did another burn at a slower speed as you suggested. Prior to this I
confirmed that the MD5Sum matched the one listed on the download site.
The burn finished without error. Booting from the burnt CD failed in
an identical manner as before. I also tried the same disk on an Indy,
which also failed in an identical manner. On an Indigo2 it also
failed, however since video wasn't working, I couldn't see the error.
I believe it would have been the same.

I also tried multiple CD-Rom drives (4 in total). This didn't have a
noticable effect.

Of interest is that the RC5 disk does boot perfectly, however since
the ethernet driver in the RC5 build was messed up, I can't do
anything usefull with it!

Can anyone help? I  would really like to get these machines functional!

Thanks in advance.
Mike Martin