From: "J. Scott Kasten" <jscottkasten@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] JFS on non-intel [ Was O2 Sound and Misc Stuff]
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:56:39
Alex, thanks.  I read through it in detail.  That finally triggered my
memory.  There were multiple issues that affected 2.6.12 - 2.6.14.

In your case, it probably wasn't JFS specifically, but most likely an
interaction between JFS and the LVM layer.  I never tried that feature.
This affected 2.6.12 and 2.6.13

http://www.arcknowledge.com/gmane.comp.file-systems.jfs.general/2005-10/msg00020.html

Here is also an interesting LWN article about the 4k page issue that came
out at the same time and how it affected device_mapper, LVM and such
things. (See the second section.)

http://lwn.net/Articles/149977/

Here's a complaint about 2.6.13 and 2.6.14 on AMD with ext3.  This is just
an example of other complaints that were comming in.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/09/27/62

In short, there were multiple sources of corruption at that time and you
could have been bitten by any of them.  Hopefully things are more settled
now, but I certainly will watch out for any issues.

-S-