From: "J. Scott Kasten" <jscottkasten@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Indigo2 IP22 [Was LiveCD RC6]
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:54:01
1 Hmmm...that's unfortunate. Does anyone know how to contact him?
2
3 He hasn't had a chance to learn to hate me yet...maybe I might have some
4 luck.
5
6 -S-
7
8 On Sun, 11 Feb 2007, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
9 >
10 > Depends on your definition of vaporware. If "doing 90% of the
11 > work and then refusing to release the code because he never quite
12 > finishes any fucking project and is embarrased by his code" qualifies,
13 > then yes, it is vaporware. This guy has a history of doing exactly
14 > this, and it is extremely frustrating. Also, he absolutely refuses to
15 > provide the patch if you ask him directly.
18 >> http://www.tal.org/~milang/o2/
19 >>
20 >> Got to this site. It's mostly O2 stuff, but if you look carefully in
21 >> his screen shots, there are two that are supposedly of this FB
22 >> console for extreme. One shows text, another a floating boxes
23 >> animation.
24 >
25 > That is indeed onion's site.
28 >> Go into his kernel directory, and you can download the IP22 kernel
29 >> ready to run.
30 >
31 > Yes, I have tested this kernel and it does indeed work. Again though,
32 > no code...
35 >> I looked carefully through all his patches and links. The extreme
36 >> patch is not to be found. I don't even see an email for this
37 >> "milang" fellow. However, interestingly, some of the kernel config
38 >> files are labled "onion".
39 >>
40 >> If we get lucky, the right search terms in the world brain (google)
41 >> might just yeild fruit. I'll keep poking at it.
42 >
43 > No, it won't. If there isn't a patch on onion's site, then there isn't
44 > a patch anywhere (unless by chance somebody else independently wrote a
45 > patch and then never bothered to announce it to the linux-mips
46 > community).
47 >
48 > -Steve
51 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list