From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Cracking an O2
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:19:13
1 I have a working O2 in my office with IrIX on it.
2
3 Would love to get Gentoo on it.
4
5 Problem: dont have root password and dont have PROM password either.
6 AFAIK, you can disable the PROM password by setting a jumper on the mobo.
7 OK fine, now what? Can I mount the root fs somehow and edit the passwd
8 file or boot into single-user without the root passwd? How should I
9 proceed. Im not familiar with SGI boot PROMs...
12 p.s. I also have a Cobalt RAQ box I need to get Gentoo onto too... maybe I
13 can help you guys with docs for the MIPs port...
17 core leak n.
18
19 Syn. memory leak.
23 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list