From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Indigo2 IP22 [Was LiveCD RC6]
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:34:46
J. Scott Kasten wrote:
> > Well, it may not be vaporware. > > http://www.tal.org/~milang/o2/ > > Got to this site. It's mostly O2 stuff, but if you look carefully in > his screen shots, there are two that are supposedly of this FB console > for extreme. One shows text, another a floating boxes animation. > > Go into his kernel directory, and you can download the IP22 kernel ready > to run. > > I looked carefully through all his patches and links. The extreme patch > is not to be found. I don't even see an email for this "milang" fellow. > However, interestingly, some of the kernel config files are labled "onion". > > If we get lucky, the right search terms in the world brain (google) > might just yeild fruit. I'll keep poking at it. > > -S-
Yeah, milang == onion. He's done this not only for Extreme's console driver, but also a semi-working O2 sound driver. In both cases, he's either claimed that his code quality is poor, or his girlfriend was taking up too much time, or some other lame excuse. Even when we randomly nag him on #mipslinux on IRC, he just ignores us now :P This is why for O2's driver, we've just randomly tinker with the only known source code version. Another linux-mips dev, Ladislav Michel (I think) of debian apparently also has/had a driver at one point for early 2.6. But I don't know if it's the same as the source one already out there (which was written by a "vivian", if I recall correctly), or if his is related to onion's purported driver at all. --Kumba -- Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list