From: Morgan <morgan.del@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Need help with a SGI Octane
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:32:26
Hi from France ;)

I'm currently trying to install Gentoo on a SGI Octane workstation but
a few errors occurs and avoid me to achieve it. I've already explained
it in "Gentoo on alternate arch" forum in this thread :
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-773492.html

here's a quick summary :

* with stage3-mips4-2008, the system hangs when chrooting.
* with stage3-mips4-2007, i'm unable to emerge GCC most recent version
cause of errors in compilation time with sandbox 2.0 :
undefined references to :
unlinkat_pre_check
openat64_pre_check
mkdirat_pre_check
openat_pre_check
openat64_pre_check

if I keep the stage3-mips4-2007's version of GCC, a lot of C++
look-alike errors occur and i'm unable to compile any program such as
X server.

Thanks.

-= Morgan =-