From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Cc: wolf31o2@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] Gentoo Linux 2007.0 preparations
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 23:34:35
Salutations to all mirror administrators.

jforman has been busy with real life, so some of the other infra folk
are stepping in to help him out with getting this going.

As with previous releases, don't distribute this information beyond this
list quite yet, just to avoid hassle.

Would all mirrors that carry the experimental tree please see my
follow-up email about BitTorrent HTTP-seeding?

The overall release size has shrunk by almost 2Gb since 2006.1.

Full file listing for releases and experimental is attached.

Rough size breakdown:

240M	releases/alpha
1.3G	releases/amd64
928M	releases/hppa
259M	releases/ia64
386M	releases/mips
3.3G	releases/ppc
34M		releases/snapshots
1.4G	releases/sparc
1.7G	releases/x86

releases-2006.1 = 11891568kb
releases-2007.0 =  9780540kb

629M	experimental/ia64
699M	experimental/ppc
376M	experimental/s390
180M	experimental/sh

experimental-2006.1 = 1828120kb
experimental-2007.0 = 1927008kb

In the identical fashion to jforman's previous release work, we're going
to pre-stage our mirrors, starting with the smallest architectures and
ending with the big ones, followed by checking up on things, and then
flipping the bit later.

As always, many thanks for your ongoing support of Gentoo, all of us
really appreciate it.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member