From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] Fun mirror stats - rsync and distfiles
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:02:03
Hi Folks,

Of potential interest to this list, I was working on some statistics for
Gentoo mirroring, and thought that you'd enjoy reading the blog posts I
wrote for the numbers involved.

"gentoo mirrors stats: a rsync.gentoo.org box"
http://robbat2.livejournal.com/233104.html
- How much traffic does each box in rsync.gentoo.org see?

"gentoo mirror stats: master distfiles distribution"
http://robbat2.livejournal.com/233436.html
- How distfiles get from developers to the mirrors
- Per-country breakdown of traffic at the fan-out point.

From the second entry, it's clear that we could strongly benefit from
having a master mirror in Europe, so we're looking into that, stay
tuned.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy