From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] 2008.0 and BitTorrent
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 09:19:44
1 On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 09:19:29AM +0200, Rafa?? Wo??niak wrote:
2 > Sunday 06 July 2008 04:00:05 Robin H. Johnson napisa??(a):
3 > > For everybody interested in helping to seed via BitTorrent:
4 > > http://torrents.gentoo.org/?category=2008.0
5 > >
6 > > If you already have the content from your mirror, just make a directory
7 > > with the basename of the torrent, and place the .iso/.tar.bz2,
8 > > .CONTENTS, .DIGEST files in there.
9 > Why we should double usage of our disks?
10 >
11 > Torrent files already should be put on releases directories.
12 > If you do it, I'll set my rtorrent for seeding.
13 > With following settings of rtorrent:
14 ...
15 > everytime you release new version, my rtorrent will automatically seed this
16 > new version.
17 If you want to do it that way, just make sure you receive
18 /experimental/bittorrent-http-seeding/2008.0/, and run your rtorrent in
19 that directory, with no write access to the files - that will save you
20 from having to double-allocate.
21
22 If you don't have that directory, you can just make symlinks to the
23 contents instead of copying. I did mean to say symlink originally, but
24 forgot about it at the last moment.
25
26 There's going to be an -r1 of the installer media coming out due to an
27 installer bug, so seeding that when it pops out would be good.
28
29 Beware that the .torrents may be changed during runs, because they
30 contain lists of fallback HTTP mirrors.
33 Robin Hugh Johnson
34 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
35 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
36 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85