From: "Łukasz Michalik" <bronksos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] ATTN: Gentoo Portage mirrors, please change your sync target
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:07:41
1 On 21:00 2010-06-13 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > *** If you manage a Gentoo Portage mirror, please change the config
5 > to sync from "masterportage.gentoo.org" instead of rsync1.us. You
6 > can use the A or AAAA record at your discretion. ***
7
8 Out of curiosity, that host has 2 rsync targets:
9
10 gentoo-x86-portage Gentoo Linux Portage tree
11 gentoo-portage Gentoo Linux Portage tree mirror
12
13 Which one should we be using?
16 > As you know, up to now, we've asked new Gentoo Portage mirrors to
17 > sync from rsync1.us.gentoo.org. This was mainly for historical
18 > reasons. However, we would like to use rsync1.us as a community
19 > mirror entry someday and create similar DNS entries for distfiles
20 > and portage. (masterdistfiles & masterportage).
21 >
22 > Thanks again for your continued support of Gentoo Linux,
23 > Jeremy
27 Pozdrawiam,
28 Łukasz P. Michalik