From: carlos@fisica.ufpr.br (Carlos Carvalho)
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] new mirror; please announce it
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:32:22
We've set up a new mirror in Brazil. We've filed bug 254955 to inform
the admins about it 2 weeks ago but nothing happened. I sent an email
to mirror-admin@g.o about it 5 days ago but still no news...

How can it be announced? Here's the message I sent:

We have set up a full public gentoo mirror. It's available at

rsync://gentoo.c3sl.ufpr.br/gentoo/
ftp://gentoo.c3sl.ufpr.br/gentoo
http://gentoo.c3sl.ufpr.br

Please register us as a main rotation mirror for Brazil and South America and
give us access to the master server. Our access to the Oregon giga-pop is very
good. We're already official mirrors for several other software distributions.

Please also confirm that we should update every 4 hours.