From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Incredibly slow rsync from masterdistfiles.gentoo.org
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:34:50
1 On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:36:26 +0100, Martin Eisenhardt
2 <martin.eisenhardt@×××××××.org> wrote:
3 > Hi Jeremy, hi list,
4 >
5 > On 28.10.2009, at 18:00, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
6 >> If you are still having slow speeds then please provide a traceroute
7 >> from your host that
8 >> you are trying to sync from.
9 >
10 > Sadly, my issue is still unresolved. If there is anything I can do to
11 > help you find the error and fix this problem, please let me know.
12
13 Martin,
14 Support from OSU (our source for masterdistfiles) said that there was some
15 problems in the past week with their DNS view. This may or may not be
16 related but they say that since you are getting the 140. address (which is
17 routed for people on I2) then there should not be any speed issues. Here,
18 they recommend to ask your upstream provider if they are having routing
19 issues to masterdistfiles or any other limitations. Additionally,
20 recommended to post the output of "mtr masterdistfiles.gentoo.org" as that
21 might provide some better clues.
22
23 Xavier,
24 You were seeing timeouts and since have told me that they went away. OSU
25 says this is from that mix up earlier. Nearly 80% of the traffic was routed
26 incorrectly. So they say.
27
28 I hope this problem resolves itself here.
29 Thanks,
30 -Jeremy