From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Incredibly slow rsync from masterdistfiles.gentoo.org
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:34:50
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:36:26 +0100, Martin Eisenhardt
<martin.eisenhardt@×××××××.org> wrote:
> Hi Jeremy, hi list, > > On 28.10.2009, at 18:00, Jeremy Olexa wrote: >> If you are still having slow speeds then please provide a traceroute >> from your host that >> you are trying to sync from. > > Sadly, my issue is still unresolved. If there is anything I can do to > help you find the error and fix this problem, please let me know.
Martin, Support from OSU (our source for masterdistfiles) said that there was some problems in the past week with their DNS view. This may or may not be related but they say that since you are getting the 140. address (which is routed for people on I2) then there should not be any speed issues. Here, they recommend to ask your upstream provider if they are having routing issues to masterdistfiles or any other limitations. Additionally, recommended to post the output of "mtr masterdistfiles.gentoo.org" as that might provide some better clues. Xavier, You were seeing timeouts and since have told me that they went away. OSU says this is from that mix up earlier. Nearly 80% of the traffic was routed incorrectly. So they say. I hope this problem resolves itself here. Thanks, -Jeremy