From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] rsync1.us downtime and upgrade
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:36:31
Rsync admins (this does not apply to distfiles mirrors),

As you some of you might have noticed, the rsync1.us mirror has been
overloaded or just not responsive at all. To put it frankly, the hardware
has been getting nailed and the load was consistently up over 40. Our
provider of those boxes, the University of Florida, USA and the Alachua
Free Network are upgrading us to some nice new hardware. On the order of
3Ghz Xeon machines with RAM measured in gigabytes.

I have been told that tomorrow EDT there will be a short downtime (I do
not know the exact time, but will send out an update when I find out) when
the hardware is cut over. There should NOT be any configuration changes
needed on your end, but I will keep the list up to date if there are. You
can also join irc.freenode.net and /join #gentoo-mirrors as admins will be
in there to help with any questions.

Thanks for all the continued support.

Regards,
Jeffrey