From: Jin-Shan Tseng <tjs@××××××××××××××.tw>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o, infrastructure@g.o
Cc: TWAREN FTP <ftpadmin@××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] can distfile mirrors spare about 5GB?
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:20:29
1 Aslo be OK on ftp.twaren.net.
2
3 Regards,
4 Sam
5
6 Georgi Georgiev wrote:
7 > maillog: 14/10/2006-08:56:37(-0700): Jeffrey Forman types
8 >
9 >> Hey Guys,
10 >>
11 >> We (Gentoo) is coming out with a new project, called seeds [1] that
12 >> provide 'out of the tarball' installs for certain functions (like a LAMP
13 >> or mythtv) server. Thing is, the project has requested about 5GB of space
14 >> on our mirrors to push out their wares.
15 >>
16 >> Do any of you guys who run distfile mirrors have any problem handling 5GB
17 >> of more data? I will be cleaning out the old releases in the next week or
18 >> so since Gentoo Linux 2006.1 has been out for several weeks, which should
19 >> provide breathing room for those who do not mirror historical.
20 >>
21 >> Just shoot an email out (reply to all please, so infrastructure people get
22 >> a glimpse of how you all feel) about if you can handle it, or if 5GB would
23 >> be the straw that broke the camel's back.
26 > No problem on gg3.net. Bring it on.
29 >> Thanks for the support, Gentoo truly appreciates the work you do allowing
30 >> us to handle new projects.
35 gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list