From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] ATTN: Gentoo Portage mirrors, please change your sync target
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 04:03:27
On 06/14/2010 09:58 PM, Dylan Vanderhoof wrote:
> Updated rsync27.us.gentoo.org and switched to IPv6 for rsync to the master. > > I also noticed that the rsyncXX.xx.gentoo.org DNS entries have no AAAA records even when IPv6 is supported, is that something we need to update? > > -D
Hi. Eventually, we will get to that point. We don't want to do it all at once quite yet. One thing at a time. :) Actually, this thread has shown that our community mirrors have more IPv6 support that I thought. For more information: http://blog.jolexa.net/2010/06/13/gentoo-mirrors-mixed-ipv4ipv6-rotations/ -Jeremy