From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] ATTN: Gentoo Portage mirrors, please change your sync target
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:03:35
1 Greg Cornell <Greg.Cornell@××××××××××.edu> said:
2 > Hi Jeremy,
3 >
4 > > *** If you manage a Gentoo Portage mirror, please change the config to
5 > > sync from "masterportage.gentoo.org" instead of rsync1.us. You can use
6 > > the A or AAAA record at your discretion. ***
7 > >
8 > I get the following now when I try to sync:
9 >
10 > @ERROR: access denied to gentoo-portage from fry.wallawalla.edu (192.147.172.161)
11 > rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1296) [receiver=2.6.8]
12
13 As far as I can see, you are currently a distfiles mirror only, so you
14 should continue using masterdistfiles.gentoo.org. If you want to become
15 a portage mirror as well, please open a bug so we can process the
16 request.
17
18 Thanks,
21 Mark Loeser