From: Patrick McLean <root@×××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] rsync1.ca.gentoo.org
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:50:10
The "ITS" department at our university (the people who manage the pipe) have
constantly refused requests to stop severely limiting bandwidth on the rsync
port. We have finally given up on trying to get more bandwidth for rsync,
so we would like it removed from the rotation, especially since there are
several servers in the now rsync.ca rotation on the same backbone as we are.

So could you please remove rsync1.ca.gentoo.org (cs.ubishops.ca) from the
rsync.ca.gentoo.org rotation and any other rsync rotation it might be in.

We still want to be a sources mirror though, they aren't limiting the FTP
traffic.