From: Patrick McLean <root@×××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] rsync1.ca.gentoo.org
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:50:10
1 The "ITS" department at our university (the people who manage the pipe) have
2 constantly refused requests to stop severely limiting bandwidth on the rsync
3 port. We have finally given up on trying to get more bandwidth for rsync,
4 so we would like it removed from the rotation, especially since there are
5 several servers in the now rsync.ca rotation on the same backbone as we are.
6
7 So could you please remove rsync1.ca.gentoo.org (cs.ubishops.ca) from the
8 rsync.ca.gentoo.org rotation and any other rsync rotation it might be in.
9
10 We still want to be a sources mirror though, they aren't limiting the FTP
11 traffic.
14 gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list