From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Configuration Request
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:23:54
1 maillog: 01/12/2004-14:06:11(-0700): Rob Baxter types
2 > OS: gentoo of course. 2.6 kernel (gentoo-dev-sources)
3 > Filesystem: reiserfs. in my experience, ext3 may be the norm, but it is
4 > damned slow.
5 > I highly recommend vsftpd if you're running an ftp mirror, it's very secure
6 > >:]
7 > Besides the obvious, it is also extremely fast and can take a beating.
8 >
9 > There are a few handy config files here:
10 > http://criticaldamage.com/forum/ - Linux/Config Share
11 > the most useful for you would probably be the rsync server run from a
12 > ramdrive, which is so much faster than disk it's not funny and the the
13 > vsftpd config if you choose to use it.
14
15 Naaah, ramdrive. The whole thing is constantly cached anyway if you have
16 enough RAM (1GB does the job in my case). It of course depends on how
17 busy your rsync server is, but if it's not -- why do you care about
18 speed?
21 > Georgi Georgiev > "Given the choice between accomplishing >
22 < chutz@×××.net < something and just lying around, I'd <
23 > +81(90)6266-1163 > rather lie around. No contest." ng -- Eric >
27 gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list