From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] webrsync
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 12:29:39
On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 11:22:23AM +0100 or thereabouts, Benjamin Inderm?hle wrote:
> I would like to offer webrsync. Are there any docs aviable on that, or am i > supposed to find out myself what i have to offer via http for that
Do you mean 'webrsync' or an rsync mirror? webrsync is part of the emerge-webrsync tool and is used to fetch snapshots of the portage tree over http. We don't have any mirrors that offer just this feature. rsync mirrors are what provide the main Portage tree to our users. You can get more information about rsync mirrors, distfile mirrors and setting both of them up at the following links: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/source_mirrors.xml --kurt