From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] rsync errors
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:57:17
1 Georgi Georgiev wrote:
2 > I've been getting this error for more than a day now.
3 >
4 > send_files failed to open "/releases/x86/2005.1/installcd/2005.1-r1.test" (in gentoo): Permission denied
5 > rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(1064)
6 > Job /etc/cron.d/gentoo-source-rsync terminated (exit status: 23) (mailing output)
9 I was doing a test to try the bit-flip method we do in the releases as
10 we will be sending out a media refresh on some of our packages. That
11 file should be readable only by your ftpd/httpd user, and not by the
12 rest of the world.
13
14 Are you getting the file at all, or is it not transferring?
15
16 -Jeffrey
21 Jeffrey Forman
22 Gentoo Infrastructure