From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Please whitelist mirrorstats.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:03:21
mirror-maintainer@×××××××××××××.net said:
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010, Mark Loeser wrote: > >> Please make sure that you have mirrorstats.gentoo.org in your whitelists >> for your mirrors. It is a CNAME that points to the machine we have >> monitoring all of the mirrors, so please only check that >> mirrorstats.gentoo.org resolves to who is connecting. If the IP is blocked >> by your mirror, it makes our monitoring much more difficult. > > Mark, > > Does the IP change frequently / at all? What you're asking for is > atypical...
All good points. I obviously wasn't thinking it through when I sent the email originally :) It should be magpie.gentoo.org for the forseeable future. Should we change it, I'll let the list know. -- Mark Loeser email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com web - http://www.halcy0n.com