From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] some portage mirrors are refusing rsync connection
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:01:59
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:58:56AM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> I have trouble with a few portage master mirrors I am connecting to. > > I am syncing my mirror from rsync.gentoo.org and most of the time it > works... But not always, it looks like I am added to some temporary > blacklist.
Yes, you're ending up on the abuse detection blacklist.
> Here is an overview of my rsync attempts: > http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/info/status.php4?details=47 > I am mirroring gentoo-portage every 30 minutes. Is this still the right > interval?
It's the use of the wrong tier. The rsync.g.o rotation is intended for users that don't want to fetch from a community-provided mirror. You should be syncing against rsync1.gentoo.org. I don't see your IP on the whitelist, so please file a bug for mirror-admins to get you on there. -- Robin Hugh Johnson Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy E-Mail : robbat2@g.o GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85