From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Can't sync
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:15:05
1 On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 21:16:23 -0700 (PDT), Adrian Sandor wrote:
2 > Hi, rsync for the distfiles fails with this message:
3 >
4 > rsync: failed to connect to masterdistfiles.gentoo.org: Connection
5 > timed out
6 > (110)
7 > rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
8 > [Receiver=3.0.7]
9 >
10 > masterdistfiles.gentoo.org resolves to rsync.osuosl.org
11 > (140.211.166.134)
12 > It seems that I can ping it from my home computer but not from the
13 > mirror
14 > machine.
15 > I did a trace there with mtr and it gets stuck somewhere in
16 > level3.net
17 > What can I do about it?
18 >
19 > Thanks
20 > Adrian
21
22 There was a brief outage last night at OSUOSL. Should be resolved now.
23 -Jeremy