From: HEAnet Mirror Admin <gentoo-mirror-list@××××××.ie>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] IPv6-enabling the Gentoo mirror infrastructure
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 15:31:43
1 Hi Robin,
2
3 On Fri, 8 May 2009 12:37:37 -0700
4 "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > As of today, I'd like to announce the beta availability of the Portage
7 > rsync tree for mirror rsync distribution via IPv6.
8 >
9 > rsync1.ipv6.gentoo.org just like rsync1.us.gentoo.org.
10 >
11 > The same ACL is in place, so you'll need to update your mirror bugs
12 > with your IPv6 address so that we can add them to the ACL.
13 >
14 > masterdistfiles.ipv6.gentoo.org will follow in a couple of weeks I
15 > hope, using a machine at OVH.
18 Great to see progress on IPv6! I've updated our mirror bug with the v6
19 address for ftp.heanet.ie/rsync1.ie.gentoo.org
20
21 rg
24 Rob Gallagher | Public Key: 0x1DD13A78
25
26 HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network
27 1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1.
28 Registered in Ireland, no 275301
29 T: (+353-1) 6609040 F: (+353-1) 6603666 WWW: http://www.heanet.ie/