From: Shachar Shemesh <gentoo-bugs@×××××××.biz>
To: Gentoo Mirrors <gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] rsync permissions
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 04:37:24
Hi gentoo mirror admins

Please refrain from creating directories in my mirror that are not
writable to user. For the past several syncs I have been getting the
following errors:

This required manual intervention, which is not a good thing. the reason was that the directories were r-x------. I fail to see what purpose such permissions serve. Thanks, Shachar -- Shachar Shemesh Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd. http://www.lingnu.com/ -- gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list