From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Gentoo Linux 2007.0 and BitTorrent
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 09:57:55
1 maillog: 03/05/2007-18:44:06(-0700): Robin H. Johnson types
2 ...
3 > For part two of the HTTP-seeding (eg making the BT clients actually use
4 > the mirrors), I'd like to know which of the experimental mirrors are
5 > interested in being used for HTTP seeding.
6 >
7 > Your webservers will need to support HTTP Range requests for this to
8 > work. The BitTorrent clients will send range requests for 32K..256K
9 > blocks (powers of two only).
10 ...
11
12 How is HTTP BT seeding different than ordinary mirroring (assuming the
13 server supports Range)? As I don't need to do anything on the server
14 side (that's my understanding for the moment at least), is there a
15 particular reason why I should care? We (mirrors) are still going to
16 serve that same content that we have already agreed to serve.
17
18 If this was just out of courtesy, then sure, thanks for asking,
19 apologies for the above, and feel free to add gg3.net to those torrent
20 files.
23 (* Georgi Georgiev (* "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for (*
24 *) chutz@×××.net *) the company." -- Mark Twain *)
25 (* http://www.gg3.net/ (* (*