From: Lior Kaplan <webmaster@×××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] releases -> historical move before release
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:43:27
1 any chance for another distfiles cleanup? It saved me a few GBs... ?
2
3 Jeffrey Forman wrote:
4 > Admins,
5 >
6 > It is that time again. 2005.1 is right around the corner, and in the next
7 > week or so, I will be moving each arch's older releases from releases/
8 > into historical/ for those who do not mirror the latter. This should clear
9 > up quite a bit of space, because as I have heard from our release
10 > engineering head, this release will be one of our biggest. I do not have
11 > hard space requirements as of right now, but should have those in a few
12 > days.
13 >
14 > Distfiles mirror admins, please make sure you are syncing with the -H flag
15 > in your rsync cronjob, which will take hard links into account and
16 > alleviate the need to redownload files being moved.
17 >
18 > Please post any concerns on this list and we can work together to get
19 > those ironed out. Thanks for all your help!
20 >
21 > Regards,
22 > Jeffrey Forman
27 Regards,