From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] 2005.1
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 04:50:11
On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 00:25 +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 12:02:55AM +0200 or thereabouts, Michael Renner wrote: > > And it was proposed already year or 2 ago that a european distfiles > > master is needed... Jeffrey, Corey, got any updates on that one? > > I believe the effort floundered when we were unable to locate a server with > enough pipe and SCSI disk to support it. We can certainly revisit the idea > if someone has such a server.
Hi Kurt, Please talk to bonsaikitten, he has got offered sponsored rack space in a datacenter in Dusseldorf/Germany. I'm pretty sure the Friends of Gentoo e.V. would try their best to organize an adequate server. Regards, -- Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o> Gentoo Developer (Gentoo Linux PowerPC, Gentoo Documentation Project)