From: Rob Baxter <burn@××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Configuration Request
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 23:30:24
i think the point is that the data that gets cached can and does change every 30 minutes, so caching
doesn't really help. all 5 servers in the rsync.gentoo.org rotation are currently running rsync out
of ram. i think i can safely say they wouldn't be nearly as fast as they are, running off a hard
disk. besides, ram is cheap and has a small footprint (smaller blocks) using ramdrive, why not use it.

rob