From: Stephan Kupfer <stephan.kupfer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] ATTN: Gentoo Portage mirrors, please change your sync target
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:06:17
1 Hi please add to your acls:
2 rsync13.de.gentoo.org <rsync://rsync13.de.gentoo.org/>
3
4 v6: 2001:8d8:80:11::34d
5
6 And maybe use a blank motd file, it is better for logging.
7
8 Thx
9
10 Stephan
13 On 06/14/2010 04:00 AM, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
14 > Hello,
15 >
16 > *** If you manage a Gentoo Portage mirror, please change the config to
17 > sync from "masterportage.gentoo.org" instead of rsync1.us. You can use
18 > the A or AAAA record at your discretion. ***
19 >
20 > As you know, up to now, we've asked new Gentoo Portage mirrors to sync
21 > from rsync1.us.gentoo.org. This was mainly for historical reasons.
22 > However, we would like to use rsync1.us as a community mirror entry
23 > someday and create similar DNS entries for distfiles and portage.
24 > (masterdistfiles & masterportage).
25 >
26 > Thanks again for your continued support of Gentoo Linux,
27 > Jeremy