From: Scott Kveton <kveton@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] very bad bandwith
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:15:27
1 > >We have very low bandwith while syncing Gentoo 2004.3
2 > >the speed we reach is like 20kbytes.......
3 > >I dont think its a problem on our side.
4 >
5 > Seems to be a common problem for some/many sites in europe. You can run a
6 > sync against rsync://gentoo.inode.at/gentoo-source/ in the meanwhile to
7 > catch up and verify it with a sync against the master servers. Inode's
8 > server should be fast since we're connected to the TIX.
9
10 We have been pretty pinched during this release as we have a lot of
11 other bandwidth constraints hitting us. Having a mirror in Europe will
12 help greatly with this.
13
14 We're working on expanding capacity greatly. Sorry for the problems at
15 this time; we're working quickly to try to resolve this problem.
16
17 Scott :-)
20 gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list