From: Scott Kveton <kveton@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] very bad bandwith
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:15:27
> >We have very low bandwith while syncing Gentoo 2004.3 > >the speed we reach is like 20kbytes....... > >I dont think its a problem on our side. > > Seems to be a common problem for some/many sites in europe. You can run a > sync against rsync://gentoo.inode.at/gentoo-source/ in the meanwhile to > catch up and verify it with a sync against the master servers. Inode's > server should be fast since we're connected to the TIX.
We have been pretty pinched during this release as we have a lot of other bandwidth constraints hitting us. Having a mirror in Europe will help greatly with this. We're working on expanding capacity greatly. Sorry for the problems at this time; we're working quickly to try to resolve this problem. Scott :-) -- gentoo-mirrors@g.o mailing list