From: Derk-Jan Hartman <hartman@×××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] very bad bandwith
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:29:55
If there is need for a european 'private sync' server, then we have
plenty of bandwith for that connected right to the AMSIX in amsterdam,
which we will be glad to donate (ehm still need to run that by the
board, but using more bandwith will give the research network more
reasons to upgrade us sooner, so usually the board is just fine with
stuff like this :) )

However we cannot donate a dedicated server atm. The reason for this is
quite simple, in that our budgets and mission plan basically say that
any 'spending' should be done for the benefit of the local university
community. A public sync/ftp server falls into this category since it
allows our students to experiment with different types of OS'es and
stuff like that, which we like to encourage. a private server however
does not fall into this category.

greetings from Holland,
DJ