From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] ATTN: Gentoo Portage mirrors, please change your sync target
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 02:03:04
Hello,

*** If you manage a Gentoo Portage mirror, please change the config to
sync from "masterportage.gentoo.org" instead of rsync1.us. You can use
the A or AAAA record at your discretion. ***

As you know, up to now, we've asked new Gentoo Portage mirrors to sync
from rsync1.us.gentoo.org. This was mainly for historical reasons.
However, we would like to use rsync1.us as a community mirror entry
someday and create similar DNS entries for distfiles and portage.
(masterdistfiles & masterportage).

Thanks again for your continued support of Gentoo Linux,
Jeremy