From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mirrors] ATTN: Gentoo Portage mirrors, please change your sync target
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 02:03:04
1 Hello,
2
3 *** If you manage a Gentoo Portage mirror, please change the config to
4 sync from "masterportage.gentoo.org" instead of rsync1.us. You can use
5 the A or AAAA record at your discretion. ***
6
7 As you know, up to now, we've asked new Gentoo Portage mirrors to sync
8 from rsync1.us.gentoo.org. This was mainly for historical reasons.
9 However, we would like to use rsync1.us as a community mirror entry
10 someday and create similar DNS entries for distfiles and portage.
11 (masterdistfiles & masterportage).
12
13 Thanks again for your continued support of Gentoo Linux,
14 Jeremy