From: Adrian Sandor <aditsu@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o" <gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] rsync processes
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:12:35
1 From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
2 >
3 >On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Adrian Sandor <aditsu@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Hi, from time to time I notice that I have some rsync processes (with masterdistfiles) that never seem to finish, they keep on running for days (and multiple instances are running in parallel).
6 >> I've been killing them manually, is there a better way? Or how can I prevent this from happening?
7 >> Thanks
8 >> Adrian
9 >
10 >Hello,
11 >
12 >There is a tip on the bottom of the rsync document[1] to kill rsync
13 >processes. Are you using masterdistfiles-us or -eu? It will probably
14 >help to pick the one closest to you.
15 >
16 >-Jeremy
17 >
18 >[1]: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml
22 Thanks I'll try it.
23 I'm using masterdistfiles.gentoo.org ; the server is located in Asia (Hong Kong) so neither US nor Europe is "close".
24
25 Adrian