From: Michael Imhof <tantive@g.o>
To: gentoo-mirrors@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mirrors] Downloading Gentoo 2004.2 via bittorrent and ftp
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:32:25
1 hi Rob,
2
3 yeah, you are right, there were plans to do so.
4 decision was that only some files get distributed via bt.
5
6 to get a feeling why i did this: look at the stats on both trackers.
10 Regards
11 Michael
15 Rob Baxter wrote:
16 > Gentoo themselves has already made torrent's available directly. It
17 > would make more sense in my opinion to seed the offical torrent if you
18 > have the bandwidth to spare.
19 > http://torrents.gentoo.org/torrents/
20 >
21 > Rob Baxter
22 >
23 > Michael Imhof wrote:
24 >
25 >> Hi all,
28 >> Foerderverein Gentoo e.V. is proud to offer various
29 >> possibilities to download all files of the brand new release:
30 >>
31 >> - Via bittorrent:
32 >> Go to http://tracker.netdomination.org , it carries ALL release files
33 >> (means the ones from the official mirrors and the ones only distributed
34 >> via bt).
35 >>
36 >> - Via ftp:
37 >> To make it easier for peoply who don't want or who can't use bittorrent
38 >> we also offer a ftp server that carries ALL release files (as stated
39 >> above the ones from the official mirrors and the ones "only" distributed
40 >> via bt).
41 >> The url to the ftp space is: ftp://ftp2.stw-bonn.de/pub/mirror/gentoo/
44 >> Feel free to set up mirrors using the files provided above.
45 >> For ftp mirrors please be so kind and give us the url so we can
46 >> publish it.
47 >> If you want to help us with bt just download whatever files you want and
48 >> don't close your client after the download is complete.
51 >> Have fun with the new release!
52 >> Choice to the user!
55 >> Regards
56 >> Michael Imhof