From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-core] Upcoming elections
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:02:23

Hi Corey,

Corey Shields wrote:
| This would be ideal, but my concern is getting people to vote who don't
| care to vote but were added as Foundation members by default.  This may
| not be an issue depending on how the voting is setup (having a timed
| vote versus a quorum vote).
|
| Cheers,
| -C

Have you thought about splitting the membership into voting and
non-voting groups?  You could have the voting membership as devs et al
who have applied for voting rights (to address the quorum concern), but
also sell non-dev (and therefore non-voting) membership to users &
companies?  It's easier to get companies to give you money in return for
something they can advertise (hey, look, we're a Gentoo Foundation
Member!) than to simply get out the begging bowl.

(Btw, where and how do I sign up for membership?)

Best regards,
Stu
- --
Stuart Herbert                                         stuart@g.o