From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Gentoo Core <gentoo-core@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Gentoo Foundation Elections
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:06:24
Hello again.

Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
> Hello fellow devs, users and Gentoo community. > > > The election for the Gentoo Foundation trustees has started. The > nomination period started today and lasts until Tuesday, February > 12th. The election polls will be open from Wednesday February 13th to > Wednesday 27th. The elected trustees start their term on March 1st. > > The election officials are Ɓukasz Damentko[1], Jorge Manuel B. S. > Vicetto[2], and Richard Freeman[3]. The infrastructure team contact > for the election is Shyam Mani[4]. The election officials have > published a page[5] with all the information on the election including > lists of voting members of the Gentoo Foundation. > > * [1] - rane@g.o > * [2] - jmbsvicetto@g.o > * [3] - rich0@g.o > * [4] - fox2mike@g.o > * [5] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/elections/foundation-200802.xml > > To nominate a candidate, join the gentoo-nfp[6] mailing list. Trustee > nominations are open to the public; voting is limited to eligible > voters. Send all your nominations, acceptances and feedback to the > gentoo-nfp list[7]. The election officials have published on their > page lists of current Foundation members[8] and of eligible current > devs[9]. > > * [6] - http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml > * [7] - http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/ > * [8] - > http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmbsvicetto/trustees-election/gentoo-foundation-members > > * [9] - > http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmbsvicetto/trustees-election/eligible-active-devs-sorted > > > We ask all Foundation members and current devs to check if they are in > the correct lists and to confirm their details. In particular, devs > should check if they don't lack a join date in the ldap record[10]. > To check one's details, a dev should logon to dev.gentoo.org and run > "perl_ldap -s <nick>". Check infra's documentation for more info on > Gentoo LDAP service[11] and concrete examples[12] on how to change > attributes. > > * [10] - > http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmbsvicetto/trustees-election/missing-join-date > * [11] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/ldap.xml > * [12] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/ldap.xml#doc_chap3 > > If you have any doubts about the election or any corrections to the > page and lists, contact the election officials. > > For the election officials, >
This is a remainder that the nomination period will end at 23:59:59 UTC today. If you want to run or to nominate someone else, please hurry, send a mail to the gentoo-nfp list and have the nominee reply to the list too. If you are thinking on voting, make sure you check the list of voters [13]. The election officials haven't received a single correction to that list. So if you are not on that list and think you should be there, hurry up as you also have up to 23:59:59 UTC today to let us know. * [13] - http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmbsvicetto/trustees-election/voters-sorted For the election officials, -- Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org Gentoo- forums / Userrel / SPARC / KDE -- gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list