From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Call for Gentoo Foundation Trustee nominees
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 19:04:23
1 Okay, details still remain, but I'd still like to hit that 16 May
2 target. Agriffis has voting software nearly written that will allow us
3 to use dev.g.o to create, fill out, and cast ballots. We seem to have a
4 mild consensus that Foundation membership (and thus voting privs) will
5 require being a Gentoo dev for a (not necessarily contiguous) year by
6 the day that voting concludes (16 May), that we probably want a safe
7 choice of 13 trustees (an odd number, and the same as the current number
8 of trustees), and that all members will be eligible to be a trustee.
9 If there are strong disagreements about any of the above, we still have
10 time to make changes. Meanwhile, we should start collecting nominees.
11
12 So, if you want the job of being a Gentoo Foundation trustee, send an
13 e-mail to gentoo-nfp stating so. You might want to state why either in
14 that e-mail or in your blog or some other place that's easy to find.
15 Nominations will close at 9 May 2005, 23:59 UTC. Voting will then
16 commence (assuming that we have everything in place by then!), and the
17 polls will close at 23:59 UTC, 16 May 2005. If UTC is not your friend,
18 then "date -u" just might be.
19
20 Best,
21 g2boojum
22 --
23 Grant Goodyear
24 Gentoo Developer
25 g2boojum@g.o
26 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
27 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76