From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Foundation reinstated
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:49:28
1 On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 19:27 +0100, Steve Long wrote:
2 > William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 >
4 > > The Gentoo Foundation has been reinstated. We are legal again :)
5 > >
6 > w00t! well done: can you guys take some of the non-technical stuff away from
7 > Council? (see recent thread on -project.) They're not cut out for it, nor do
8 > we want them to be ;-)
9
10 It was discussed at recent meeting yesterday. We have contacted the
11 council, and will be seeing what we can do to help out, and/or lift some
12 or all of the non-technical burdens from the council.
13
14 Along with some other possible restructuring, so the foundation,
15 resembles other business entities. Essentially council = CTO. But this
16 still needs to be discussed with current/new council, and is not likely
17 to change anything in the next month or two. Potentially requiring a
18 global vote from all devs in the process.
19
20 Really hard to comment on it at this time. Things are still VERY
21 premature, and we are working on getting the ball rolling. When there is
22 more to say on this subject. The board of trustees, council, and/or PR
23 will put out a statement to that effect. Please be patient, we are aware
24 of the problems, and looking into what we can do.
25
26 FYI, we have no intentions of doing anything in private. That said we
27 are feeling things out in private, to see if there is any interest.
28 Before we take matters public. Which either way, they will be made
29 public ASAP.
32 William L. Thomson Jr.
33 amd64/Java/Trustees
34 Gentoo Foundation