From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee nominations
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:31:31
On 1/25/08, William L. Thomson Jr. <wltjr@g.o> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 10:51 -0600, Grant Goodyear wrote: > > Since drobbins has (I believe) rescinded his offer, we > > need to get going on getting some competent Trustees. > > > > Now taking nominations.... > > > > Normally we'd take nominations for a month, and have the polls open for > > a month, but I'd really like to compress that timeframe a bit. Two > > weeks and two weeks, perhaps? Thoughts, comments? > > Since no one else commented. I will. I think the timeline is fine, we > need to escalate things a bit. To resolve this sooner than later. I went > ahead and wrote up a PR piece and set some dates based on this timeline. > Others were concerned with picking random dates. I was just trying to > bring some formality to this process.
I think wltjr is getting lonely, so I'll respond.
> > The dates I suggested based on the above timeline, and that the process > has some what begun is as follows > > The official start date for nominations will be Sunday January 27th. > Nominations will end Saturday February 9th. The election polls will then > be opended on Sunday February 10th. With the polls closing on February > 23rd. > > Any objections? >
Being as it's already January 27th: Nominations start Jan 30th through Feb 12th, Elections Feb 13th through 27th, new Trustees in march ;) Grant, we are looking at you to hand reigns of elections over to the officials, currently Rane and jmbsvicetto. Fox2mike I believe is also participating but is on vacation untli Feb 4. Can we get an agreement on these days so we can get the nominations going (officially)?
-- gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list