From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Status Update of the Gentoo Foundation
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:08:22
Hi all,

My apologies that this took this long; blame the annoying gnat that's
lurking behind you...

Gentoo Foundation - Status Update
==================+--------------

1. Gentoo name and G logo

   Chien Colleen, the Foundation's attorney, will look into the trademark
   registration of the Gentoo name and the G logo. Once established (and
   transferred from Gentoo Technologies Inc.), the Gentoo Foundation will
   put out guidelines on the use of the name and logo of which a draft is
   available at
      http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/name_logo.html

2. Bank Account

   Grant is working on the NetBank account for the Gentoo Foundation. Once an
   account is established (which, considering the
   we-are-no-501.3(c)6-yet-but-we-are-working-on-it status, is a bit more work
   than usual) a PayPal account will be created.

3. Copyright assignment

   After a conference call with Chien Colleen we are still investigating wether
   or not it is feasible to ask for copyright assignment of Gentoo-related
   material in order to protect us from possible license infringements. Chien
   will now be working on a Copyright Assignment Document that covers our needs
   without putting any demands on our contributors rights.

   Meeting minutes can be found online at
    http://archive.gentoo.org/ml/gentoo-trustees/2004/10/msg_00022.xml

4. Donations

   Daniel Robbins has informed us that the Gentoo Store will keep the donations
   separately until the Foundation has a bank account, on which he'll then
   transfer the donations to.

--
  Documentation & PR project leader

  The Gentoo Project   <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>