From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Status Update of the Gentoo Foundation
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:08:22
1 Hi all,
2
3 My apologies that this took this long; blame the annoying gnat that's
4 lurking behind you...
7 Gentoo Foundation - Status Update
8 ==================+--------------
9
10 1. Gentoo name and G logo
11
12 Chien Colleen, the Foundation's attorney, will look into the trademark
13 registration of the Gentoo name and the G logo. Once established (and
14 transferred from Gentoo Technologies Inc.), the Gentoo Foundation will
15 put out guidelines on the use of the name and logo of which a draft is
16 available at
17 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/name_logo.html
18
19 2. Bank Account
20
21 Grant is working on the NetBank account for the Gentoo Foundation. Once an
22 account is established (which, considering the
23 we-are-no-501.3(c)6-yet-but-we-are-working-on-it status, is a bit more work
24 than usual) a PayPal account will be created.
25
26 3. Copyright assignment
27
28 After a conference call with Chien Colleen we are still investigating wether
29 or not it is feasible to ask for copyright assignment of Gentoo-related
30 material in order to protect us from possible license infringements. Chien
31 will now be working on a Copyright Assignment Document that covers our needs
32 without putting any demands on our contributors rights.
33
34 Meeting minutes can be found online at
35 http://archive.gentoo.org/ml/gentoo-trustees/2004/10/msg_00022.xml
36
37 4. Donations
38
39 Daniel Robbins has informed us that the Gentoo Store will keep the donations
40 separately until the Foundation has a bank account, on which he'll then
41 transfer the donations to.
44 Documentation & PR project leader
45
46 The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>