From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation bank account
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 20:48:54
1 On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 07:55 -0500, gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > Another option, that might be fit our role more is some direct or online
5 > banking. ING.com is one of the biggest ones.
6
7 I believe we were with ING or something. I do not know 100% for a fact.
8 But I believe the funds from our previous bank account are held in some
9 sort of trust or something from ING. I believe the check Grant had for
10 the old bank account was issued by ING.
11
12 Not sure if we can bank with them.
13
14 > Capital One is another one
15 > but I don't care for them as a company .. personal preference. That
16 > would get by the problem of having to be close by.
17
18 I was looking into that myself for my own business. Problem might arise
19 with depositing funds. It looked like Capital One savings and checking
20 accounts online. Must be tied to some other bank account to ad funds to
21 the bank.
22
23 Since there are no branch location to make physical deposits. All funds
24 would have to be electronically transferred. Plus no clue how we change
25 principles on an account like that. Different officers, different
26 authorized signers. etc.
27
28 Along with Capital One, there is also Advanta and HSBC. I believe
29 another I can't recall atm.
32 William L. Thomson Jr.
33 amd64/Java/Trustees
34 Gentoo Foundation