From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation membership, take 2
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:40:23
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > (Note: I'm cross-posting to -core, but I'd appreciate it if responses
3 > could be on -nfp, since that way we have a public record.)
4 >
5 > Here's a revised version of Stuart's suggestion for a Foundation
6 > membership policy:
7 >
8 > * All Gentoo devs are automatically Foundation members
9
10 I'd still feel better if we had a requirement that you were a dev for at least a
11 year to be considered on the board. There may be exceptions to this, but overall
12 this ensures that the person will stick around and not disappear. The other
13 reason being experience with Gentoo over a period of time. I know how things
14 seem very different now then when I first joined Gentoo from a perspective point
15 of view.
16
17 Unless I misunderstood this and you mean voting rights. If its just about voting
18 rights, then sure, any active dev should be able to vote if they register.
19
20 > * Each Foundation member must explicitly request his/her
21 > right to vote on an annual basis.
22
23 Sounds good to me! Will there be a specific process for announcing, or just a
24 formal announcement on the dev mailing list?
27 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
28 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operational Manager
29
30 ---
31 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
32 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
33
34 ramereth/irc.freenode.net