From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] I have a Gentoo banner, traking Gentoo's assets
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:46:32
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:37 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
> I still have a Gentoo banner that was purchased brand new and used at a > single even back in 2008, Florida Linux Show. The previous board, or > more specifically Chris Gianelloni kindly purchased the banner and had > it sent to me specifically for the show. I am not sure anyone is aware I > still have it. > > That brings me to a bigger issue, at some point really need to start > tracking assets and have a list of Gentoo owned assets and their > location. Though location is likely to change for such things as a > banner. A list of assets might already exist, and if it does, please > excuse me from overlooking such. > > Not sure who to tell about this, and doesn't seem like it would belong > on -project. I think the Foundation is responsible for Gentoo's assets. > Thus letting you all know I have a banner that does not belong to me but > to Gentoo. Happy to ship it to whom ever, when ever. Its been kept in a > safe place for years. Though the tube was slightly damaged a bit in > shipping to me. Its still usable and no harm will come to the banner. > > Let me know to whom and where to ship it to, when that time comes, > thanks! > > -- > William L. Thomson Jr. > Obsidian-Studios, Inc. > http://www.obsidian-studios.com >
William, We do track all the major purchases like hardware. We have been working with infra on this for quite some time. Of course its rather nice that Robin has joined the board. Since he is infra lead, that makes it much easier. In all honesty, I suspect that there are a few little items, like your banner, that are floating around. Keeping track of the old stuff may prove rather difficult. In any case, thanks for letting us know you have it and being willing to ship it to Mike. Regards, Matthew W. Summers