From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] I have a Gentoo banner, traking Gentoo's assets
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:46:32
1 On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:37 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > I still have a Gentoo banner that was purchased brand new and used at a
4 > single even back in 2008, Florida Linux Show. The previous board, or
5 > more specifically Chris Gianelloni kindly purchased the banner and had
6 > it sent to me specifically for the show. I am not sure anyone is aware I
7 > still have it.
8 >
9 > That brings me to a bigger issue, at some point really need to start
10 > tracking assets and have a list of Gentoo owned assets and their
11 > location. Though location is likely to change for such things as a
12 > banner. A list of assets might already exist, and if it does, please
13 > excuse me from overlooking such.
14 >
15 > Not sure who to tell about this, and doesn't seem like it would belong
16 > on -project. I think the Foundation is responsible for Gentoo's assets.
17 > Thus letting you all know I have a banner that does not belong to me but
18 > to Gentoo. Happy to ship it to whom ever, when ever. Its been kept in a
19 > safe place for years. Though the tube was slightly damaged a bit in
20 > shipping to me. Its still usable and no harm will come to the banner.
21 >
22 > Let me know to whom and where to ship it to, when that time comes,
23 > thanks!
24 >
25 > --
26 > William L. Thomson Jr.
27 > Obsidian-Studios, Inc.
28 > http://www.obsidian-studios.com
31 William,
32
33 We do track all the major purchases like hardware. We have been
34 working with infra on this for quite some time. Of course its rather
35 nice that Robin has joined the board. Since he is infra lead, that
36 makes it much easier.
37
38 In all honesty, I suspect that there are a few little items, like your
39 banner, that are floating around. Keeping track of the old stuff may
40 prove rather difficult. In any case, thanks for letting us know you
41 have it and being willing to ship it to Mike.
42
43 Regards,
44
45 Matthew W. Summers