From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] The under 18 issue, new trustees
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:18:08
1 On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 10:27:15AM +0100, tigger@g.o wrote:
2 > While I'm sure my opinion on things make little difference to anyone I
3 > do feel that I should voice it.
4 >
5 > I would prefer a board of 11. An odd number makes more sense to me for
6 > voting reasons (as someone else has said).
7
8 It's a bit too late now as the list is created already. Also, we are
9 talking here about the initial BoT which is meant to embody the NFP in the
10 beginning. We can talk about numbers later.
11
12 We can talk about voting later on as well. Nothing is set in stone that a
13 normal majority is required, we can very well opt for a 2/3 majority in
14 which case 12 is an ideal number (8-4).
15
16 There's also no point in telling why "foo" should be in the initial BoT and
17 not "bar"; we have over 200 developers, a discussion would lead to centuries
18 of e-mailing. Once again, this is an initial board meant to speed up things.
19 The real elections and such will be held later when everything is settled.
20
21 Wkr,
22 Sven Vermeulen
26 ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.