From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee Nominations (take 2)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:44:44
1 On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Steve Long wrote:
2
3 > pauldv
4 > an old-school original.
5
6 Thank you for the nomination. I'm not sure however whether I should accept
7 this. Basically, since having finished by Ph.D. 1 1/2 year ago, I've had
8 little time to work on gentoo. I guess you could say the same about the
9 foundation. I don't see that I have more time in the near future to devote to
10 this. At the moment I think that gentoo is better of with me not being a
11 trustee, and instead having someone who has more time to devote to the role.
12
13 As another point though. In The Netherlands it is common for these kinds of
14 foundations to have an advisary council. Basically the job is to make sure
15 that the actual board does what it should do, and to prevent knowledge
16 leaving with the election of new trustees. I think that the new trustees
17 should consider such an advisory council (in light of what happened to
18 trigger this). In such a case I would be willing to be a part of such
19 council.
20
21 Paul
24 Paul de Vrieze